Accessories and Documentation
O can't exactly figure out why "flip" is in the naming of this back plate; for AMD and Intel, it mounts with this side facing the board. The center of the plate is isolated with a layer of plastic to keep it from shorting the motherboard. The outside edges have foam installed on both ends to keep it from digging into the motherboard. Flanking both sides of the back plate are the two wire fan clips included in the box.
To mount the cooler on an AMD processor, you must first take four screws and install the middle two "leg assemblies" to the base of the cooler. To install the Ninja 3 on an Intel processor you need to do the same with the outer two components. There are four holes in each piece, but only two align with the holes in the base. It is also easy to tell which side is up by the countersunk holes.
Surrounding the packet of supplied TIM, you will find the hardware needed to finish the installation. The hex nuts with threads at the bottom are used in conjunction with the nuts on the left to hold threads on the Intel mounting legs. The screws up top are sent from the back of the motherboard into those nuts, or the AMD legs in both installations. As for the four screws on the right, those are what are used to mount the leg assemblies to the base of the Ninja 3.
The instructions are in many languages and offer all the information needed to sort out which part goes where and how it all should come together with your motherboard and processor. This side of course describes the Intel mounting instructions.
This side is for AMD, and with very little difference in how it works, the Ninja 3 goes on for these systems just as easily. Unless there is a really large CPU access hole in your case, I strongly advise motherboard removal to apply this heavyweight champion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Jeff Goldblum joins 'Jurassic World 2' cast
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family