Accessories and Documentation
O can't exactly figure out why "flip" is in the naming of this back plate; for AMD and Intel, it mounts with this side facing the board. The center of the plate is isolated with a layer of plastic to keep it from shorting the motherboard. The outside edges have foam installed on both ends to keep it from digging into the motherboard. Flanking both sides of the back plate are the two wire fan clips included in the box.
To mount the cooler on an AMD processor, you must first take four screws and install the middle two "leg assemblies" to the base of the cooler. To install the Ninja 3 on an Intel processor you need to do the same with the outer two components. There are four holes in each piece, but only two align with the holes in the base. It is also easy to tell which side is up by the countersunk holes.
Surrounding the packet of supplied TIM, you will find the hardware needed to finish the installation. The hex nuts with threads at the bottom are used in conjunction with the nuts on the left to hold threads on the Intel mounting legs. The screws up top are sent from the back of the motherboard into those nuts, or the AMD legs in both installations. As for the four screws on the right, those are what are used to mount the leg assemblies to the base of the Ninja 3.
The instructions are in many languages and offer all the information needed to sort out which part goes where and how it all should come together with your motherboard and processor. This side of course describes the Intel mounting instructions.
This side is for AMD, and with very little difference in how it works, the Ninja 3 goes on for these systems just as easily. Unless there is a really large CPU access hole in your case, I strongly advise motherboard removal to apply this heavyweight champion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99