The Scythe Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000 CPU Cooler
The Ninja 3 absorbs the heat in the nickel plated, copper base and gets transferred into the first set of four, 6mm heat pipes. What heat passes the capabilities of the first group of pipes is absorbed by the second set of perpendicularly arranged pipes. If the heat passes this second set of pipes, there is a large pre-cooler to help out even more. The heat that is taken away by the eight pipes is delivered into thirty-nine uniquely shaped aluminum fins. Scythe finishes it off with the chromed caps we see on other coolers from their lineup.
Spinning the cooler 90° doesn't show much change. Most obvious is the height of the set of heatpipes and that you can now see the fins of the pre-cooler.
I wanted to get closer and show both sets of pipes at once. Now you can really see how the pipes are arranged in the base, and just how massive that pre-cooler really is.
As part of the M.A.P.S. concept, these fins are designed to not only surround sixteen ends of the heat pipes, but are cut into sections to allow more air deeper into this densely packed arrangement of pipes and fins. Adding in stability, there are chevrons in the channels to keep the Ninja 3 solid and square. All that and I haven't even gotten to the flame paint job with little Scythe logos in the middle.
The mating surface is made of copper and finely milled in a half circle pattern. With the nickel plating over the top, the base is almost left with a mirror shine, but more importantly, it smoothed out the base. Adding even more performance, the base is as level and flat against a razor with absolutely no dips or deviations.
The Slip Stream included with the Ninja 3 is the SY1225SL12HPVC. This is the same fan as the L12H, just with a fan controller attached. This nine blade, all black fan is powered with a 4-pin PWM connection for the motherboard and offers the dial fan controller that fits in an expansion slot.
Digging in the hardware box a bit early, I grabbed out the two included wire fan clips and installed the fan so you can see just how well it covers the majority of the fins. Those channels in the fins should also drive more air to the centre of the cooler body, helping to eliminate dead spots.
I randomly picked a side to put the fan on, but to get the best performance I placed the fans so they could blow through the pre-cooler as well. The wire fan clips are tight and a bit tough to install, but it leaves you with a very secure and rattle free operation. I didn't get an image with both fans on the Ninja 3, but once both are on, the cooler goes to a very wide 170mm. This may cause clearance issues with some memory with taller spreaders on them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Scythe Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Interview with Boba Fett from ANHSE, an animation mastermind
- Michael Fassbender compares Assassin's Creed movie with The Matrix
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance