The X58A-UD9 is a big board, as we mentioned before. It is actually too big to fit on our old High Speed PC workbench. We had to move it back quite a bit to ensure that it would fit properly. It is also a rather heavy board and one that has a few surprises in store for anyone setting one of these up.
One of these we mentioned in the board layout section. If you are looking to use the extra power headers then you will more than likely not be able to use the SilentPipe II cooling and will either have to let the Northbridge try and stay cool as-is or you will need to run some water cooling to it. Thankfully it can do a pretty good job of keeping cool on its own without the SilentPipe, but it would be nice to have this option available.
Other items of interest relate to booting and installing software. If you are using a USB KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) switch, you might not be able to boot from a USB thumb drive or from a USB DVD/CD-ROM drive. We ran into this and found that our model of KVM was not compatible with the USB ports on the UD9. As long as our KVM was plugged in we were not able to boot from any USB device. Fortunately this issue is not common; it is just something we felt you should be aware of.
After these minor issues things went very smoothly and we had the X58A-UD9 humming along fairly quickly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives