The X58A-UD9 is a big board, as we mentioned before. It is actually too big to fit on our old High Speed PC workbench. We had to move it back quite a bit to ensure that it would fit properly. It is also a rather heavy board and one that has a few surprises in store for anyone setting one of these up.
One of these we mentioned in the board layout section. If you are looking to use the extra power headers then you will more than likely not be able to use the SilentPipe II cooling and will either have to let the Northbridge try and stay cool as-is or you will need to run some water cooling to it. Thankfully it can do a pretty good job of keeping cool on its own without the SilentPipe, but it would be nice to have this option available.
Other items of interest relate to booting and installing software. If you are using a USB KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) switch, you might not be able to boot from a USB thumb drive or from a USB DVD/CD-ROM drive. We ran into this and found that our model of KVM was not compatible with the USB ports on the UD9. As long as our KVM was plugged in we were not able to boot from any USB device. Fortunately this issue is not common; it is just something we felt you should be aware of.
After these minor issues things went very smoothly and we had the X58A-UD9 humming along fairly quickly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Musk shows capabilities of the new self-driving hardware
- Landing on Mars didn't go as planned
- Xiaomi sells a million phones in India in 18 days
- Razer Blade Pro laptop rocks GTX 1080, 4K G-Sync display
- Nintendo Switch may sport dedicated game video recording
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- How do i contact the moderators?
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package