Package and Contents
You know what they say about guys with big feet? They wear big shoes.
When I first unpacked the UD9 from that rather large shipping box, the above thought came to mind. It is a big box and of course it is covered with logos to let you know all of the extras you are going to get with the X58A-UD9.
As with almost all top of the line motherboards these days, the UD9 has a front flap that gives you a glimpse of the actual board and more hard sell items. These two panels show that the UD9 is a board crammed with some great features. The unlocked 24 phase power design should provide enough power to run the CPU and memory even at high clocks while the quad SLI/Crossfire support will give you some of the best 3DMark scores out there.
The back of the box looks like it is a repeat of the inside flap, but there is a little bit more information here.
Inside the outer box is a clean black box that contains what you are really interested in; the X58A-UD9 and all of the accessories needed to get it working.
Speaking of accessories; there are quite a few inside the box, including an eSATA bracket, multiple SLI bridges and a pair of Crossfire bridges.
GIGABYTE has also included their familiar SilentPipe II passive cooling system. However, there is a problem with this extra cooling. If you use the extra four-pin Molex connector above the PCIe slots for power, this cooler will not fit on the board. The power connector prevents its installation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives