The Thecus N8800 Pro is a full on enterprise class NAS server that is designed for big business or situations where several users need to access data at the same time. With a fast processor and 4GB of memory, the N8800 Pro is able to perform faster than most, if not all other systems on the market.
Being enterprise class means a lot more than just being a very fast system. You wouldn't want to run the N8800 Pro in your home unless you have a room that is acoustically sealed from the rest of the house. The N8800 Pro uses a handful of high speed 80mm fans and when the system is on they are running at full speed and making a lot of noise. Then there is the rackmount factory. Some people actually have rack enclosures at home; I'm one of them, but I would say that only one out of every one hundred enthusiasts have leaped this far from the mainstream.
When it comes to performance, we already know that the N8800 Pro is the top of the hill, but to get there the cost is at the top of the hill, too. At 1899.99 USD from Newegg the N8800 Pro is one of the most expensive NAS servers we have ever tested. The QNAP TS-859U-RP that we compared the N8800 Pro to today is actually a little more, but at these prices 60 Dollars is just splitting hairs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel X299 chipset: 'VRM disaster' says pro overclocker
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition unboxed, it's BEAUTIFUL
- Nintendo wants to make Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi anime
- Radeon Vega Frontier barely beats GTX 1080 in tests
- Halo Wars 2's latest update includes multi-GPU support
- ASRock Motherboard Problem! Please Help!
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus