The Thecus N8800 Pro is a full on enterprise class NAS server that is designed for big business or situations where several users need to access data at the same time. With a fast processor and 4GB of memory, the N8800 Pro is able to perform faster than most, if not all other systems on the market.
Being enterprise class means a lot more than just being a very fast system. You wouldn't want to run the N8800 Pro in your home unless you have a room that is acoustically sealed from the rest of the house. The N8800 Pro uses a handful of high speed 80mm fans and when the system is on they are running at full speed and making a lot of noise. Then there is the rackmount factory. Some people actually have rack enclosures at home; I'm one of them, but I would say that only one out of every one hundred enthusiasts have leaped this far from the mainstream.
When it comes to performance, we already know that the N8800 Pro is the top of the hill, but to get there the cost is at the top of the hill, too. At 1899.99 USD from Newegg the N8800 Pro is one of the most expensive NAS servers we have ever tested. The QNAP TS-859U-RP that we compared the N8800 Pro to today is actually a little more, but at these prices 60 Dollars is just splitting hairs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Project Scorpio has 'no real technical limit on games'
- 'Avatar' 2 - 5 have new release dates, if you still care
- Take-Two kills GTA V's Red Dead Redemption mod
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club