Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than the Scythe Kamariki 4 650W PSU, we can test it to the maximum.
While the Scythe Kamariki 4 650W power supply passed all four of our tests, it did so just barely. In fact, it couldn't have come any closer to failing due to the voltage on the 5V rail at maximum load. If it had dropped just another .01V, it would have been outside the ATX specifications. Things weren't looking that great on the 12V1 rail either, with a reading of 11.60V at maximum load. However, when it's all said and done, a pass is a pass.
The Scythe Kamariki 4 is a beautiful unit with plenty of features for a mainstream power supply. It has several things going for it such as aesthetics, modular cabling, plenty of connections and cables, and the ability to control fan speed via the built-in controller.
However, there are a lot of things that the Kamariki 4 just doesn't have going for it as well. Internal packaging could be much better, Taiwanese capacitors, and nearly failing voltages just don't cut it in the cut-throat mainstream market when power supplies of similar wattages, features, and perhaps better quality can be had for as much as $30 less with longer warranties.
As a mainstream PSU, the Kamariki 4 certainly is acceptable, but other existing models that we have tested are superior since they offer lower cost of ownership and better performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis