Building a system these days is not that hard; you may run into a few issues with clearance (GPU, heatsink etc.), but for the most part things are pretty simple. The P55 Extreme4 was like that. The hardware was no trouble getting in place while the installation of the OS was a snap. Oddly, though, there was no Windows 7 driver for the LAN chip. We had to wait until we ran the driver installer to get all of that going. Once we did, things moved right along.
As we talked about when we looked at the box, ASRock has listed quite a bundle. When we took the time to look at things, it was not as great as it seemed. Much of it was trial versions of software or very light free versions. It was not overly impressive to be honest. There was also nothing about how to get the software to use your iPhone as a game controller.
There was some free software that ASRock did include. One piece of software that you may want to install is the IES (Intelligent Energy Saver). This software is capable of dynamically controlling the power in use by switching back the power phases. It can help reduce the power draw at idle state while still allowing for full power when you need it.
Another piece of software that while interesting, might only be of use to a few people; that is the Instant Boot software. This piece of software allows you to put the system into an advanced sleep state so that when you hit the power button it instantly awakens for fast usage. Personally, I do not like to do this as I have seen many applications that will fail upon a resume like this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Samsung has most of Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 835 chips
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Resident Evil 7 is a solid return, very positive reviews
- LG's new G6 smartphone looks freakin' beautiful
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz