The P55 Extreme4 is a nice board. It combines some great technologies into one package. You have everything from PATA/Floppy to four port RAID for SATA 3.0. The option for a second pair of USB 3.0 ports is also a handy little feature.
While all of this is great, there were a few items that just did not sit well. The advertised software bundle was a little disappointing as much of it was only trial software. We also would have liked to have seen much better HDD and gaming performance. Still, the P55 Extreme4 is suited to both the consumer desktop market and could even fit into the workstation market. The four SATA 3.0 ports could be a great setup for A/V work or even as an output for 3D projects.
Plus, with its $149.99 price tag at NewEgg.com, it would be a steal for the gamer or prosumers looking for the most bag for their buck.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications