When Intel launched the Lynnfield CPU and the P55 chipset, it was just as the specifications for SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0 were being finalized. Too much was in the works to change the chipset and to integrate SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0 (not that we can do that yet anyway). This left Intel behind in terms of getting SATA 3.0 to the market. Companies like ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI were forced to work with Marvell and NEC to bring this to the table. However, in almost all cases you ended up with a pair of SATA 3.0 ports and a pair of USB 3.0 ports. With AMD based boards (at least at the 890 level) you can get up to six SATA 3.0 ports for your HDD enjoyment.
The pairing of two and two (SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0) is what you normally get with Intel and their products; at least that is until ASRock dropped the P55 Extreme4 on the market. This board boasts four SATA 3.0 ports and four USB 3.0 ports (two on the back and two on the front). This is in addition to a few other nice features that we are sure will come in handy; items like THX audio, eSATA 3.0, OC DNA and mounting holes to fit both 1156 and 775 coolers.
You get all of this for only $149.99 at NewEgg.com. Sounds like quite a deal, right? Well, we are sure going to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance