Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside
Scythe gives you a mess of cables to handle just about everything that you'll need. There is a single 20+4 pin main connector, one ATX 4+4 connector, six 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors, five Molex connectors, seven SATA connectors, and a single floppy for those still needing one.
Scythe splits up the 12V rails into a larger 70A rail and a smaller 35A rail. The larger rail powers the motherboard, the two attached PCI-E cables, two modular PCI-E cables, and three of the modular peripheral cables. The smaller 35A rail still gets its share of the load from the ATX 4+4 cable, two modular PCI-E cables, and three modular peripheral cables.
Opening up the Chouriki 2 1000W, we can see that Scythe has made sure to utilize heatsinks as much as possible.
High quality Japanese Nippon Chemi-Con caps that are rated for 105c are present inside the Chouriki 2, which seem to be very common amongst many of the latest PSU's.
Here we see where the two 12V rails terminate. The differently sheathed yellow wires make it easy to track down where the different rails lead.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20