Inside the Box
Upon opening the external packaging, we see that Scythe has skimped a bit on the internal packaging. The only protection to the power supply itself is a small amount of bubble wrap and the modular cables. Our sample arrived undamaged, but was packaged in another box with additional protection.
After removing the contents from the box, we can see the 10 modular cables Scythe includes with the Chouriki 2 and the power cable.
The Chouriki 2 itself features a beautiful brushed metal finish in what can only be described as a light bronze finish which is very difficult to capture in a photo. The side of the Chouriki 2 contains the I/O specification sticker.
The front of the Chouriki 2 houses the 10 modular plugs for the various cables. One would hope that since all of the PCI-E connectors are blue and the rest are black that this would indicate how the dual 12V rails are split up, but we'll dig into that when we pop the top off.
The bottom holds Scythe's 135mm Kama Flex fan to cool the 1000W of power our Chouriki 2 offers. Scythe claims that the fan only produces 21. 7dBA at a full load of 1350 RPM.
Moving to the back of the Chouriki 2, we can see the modified honeycomb structure used to permit air to flow out of the power supply. While this is slightly more restrictive than the typical honeycomb design, it does add a bit of aesthetics.
Last but not least, we have the installation manual and black mounting screws also included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni