Inside the Box
Upon opening the external packaging, we see that Scythe has skimped a bit on the internal packaging. The only protection to the power supply itself is a small amount of bubble wrap and the modular cables. Our sample arrived undamaged, but was packaged in another box with additional protection.
After removing the contents from the box, we can see the 10 modular cables Scythe includes with the Chouriki 2 and the power cable.
The Chouriki 2 itself features a beautiful brushed metal finish in what can only be described as a light bronze finish which is very difficult to capture in a photo. The side of the Chouriki 2 contains the I/O specification sticker.
The front of the Chouriki 2 houses the 10 modular plugs for the various cables. One would hope that since all of the PCI-E connectors are blue and the rest are black that this would indicate how the dual 12V rails are split up, but we'll dig into that when we pop the top off.
The bottom holds Scythe's 135mm Kama Flex fan to cool the 1000W of power our Chouriki 2 offers. Scythe claims that the fan only produces 21. 7dBA at a full load of 1350 RPM.
Moving to the back of the Chouriki 2, we can see the modified honeycomb structure used to permit air to flow out of the power supply. While this is slightly more restrictive than the typical honeycomb design, it does add a bit of aesthetics.
Last but not least, we have the installation manual and black mounting screws also included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- 27-year-old gamer without eyes still plays games
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Z170-WS, 3002 bios, and SLI not working. Anyone else experience this?
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter