Gigabyte has put together a much better motherboard than previous efforts. Our revision showed no signs of instability or incompatibility with any of our five different memory modules, video cards, sound cards or various other components.
One thing that did cause this board to be a bit of a let down was the original BIOS shipped with the board didn't support DDR-400. While this support doesn't mean much for real world performance as we have seen, many people will be buying KT400 chipset boards just for the DDR-400 fact.
Overclocking features on this board were very in-depth and helpful. VCore up to 1.85v, FSB selectable from 100FSB to 200FSB with support for upcoming 166FSB. AGP and DIMM voltage adjustments allowed for a reasonable overclock. Using a unlocked AMD processor, we tested the system up to 175MHz FSB.
Our final thoughts that Gigabyte are on the way up but still have a slightly tarnished reputation to repair before this board will be a high flyer with the end users.
DDR-400 limited to 1 DIMM
Rating - 9 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Gigabyte GA-7VAXP - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rockstar gets into the Halloween spirit with GTA Online
- Nintendo Switch handheld delivers console-quality gaming
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications