Update: We have become aware of a discrepancy in our VGA focused synthetic and gaming test results in this review and as such we have temporarily pulled these benchmark results offline to investigate the anomalies of these test results.
We sincerely apologise for this and will endeavour to have new, confirmed results of our synthetic and gaming tests back online ASAP.
Update 2: New benchmark results are back online for the system's synthetic (3DMark Vantage) and Real World Gaming tests. We apologise for the downtime with these results, but wanted to ensure that the system was configured optimally to give the best performance possible. For this we needed to adjust a setting that falls under "Multiple Display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration mode" in the drivers from "Compatibility Performance" to "Single Display".
It is important to note that this is how MAINGEAR configures the system as delivered for the purposes of optimal compatibility between users and differing types of display setups. However, for optimal SLI performance on a single display, one needs to adjust the aforementioned setting which as we have learned from our second run of tests, enhances performance considerably.
Once again, we apologise for the mixup. Head over to pages 6 and 7 for the updated, super impressive results!
The F131, as configured, goes for approximately $3400USD. As we've shown, the F131 provides high-end performance, and that performance costs money. However, not only is this a reasonable price for what you're getting (a single GTX 470 retails for around $300, and the pair requires an upgraded power supply, not to mention other upgrades like an SSD and Blu-ray drive), but MAINGEAR provides another juicy layer of value by overclocking the CPU at no extra charge.
Because of MAINGEAR's careful design and finely honed overclocking skills, the customer gets the performance of a far more expensive CPU (a 3.33GHz Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition retails for close to $1000 and still doesn't match the 4GHz clock speed of the F131's CPU) at an incredibly affordable price.
Though we're building a new data set of systems and only have one other comparably spec'd system for comparison, the F131 sets the bar quite high for all of our benchmarks. It killed in our gaming tests, delivering smooth framerates at maximum settings across the board.
In addition to stellar performance, MAINGEAR delivers a top-notch ownership experience, from the thoughtfully guided buying process to the whatever-it-takes post-sale support. Couple those selling points with the numerous custom touches-from the available free custom artwork etching, to the expert overclocking, to the custom restore disc, to the personal service-and MAINGEAR delivers what may be the most pleasurable ownership experience available.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications