The card itself is very similar to the GTX 460 we looked at from Palit. Overall the heatsink/fan is a little boring, but to be honest, it's done the job well which is what you really need from a video card cooler. As for other bits and pieces connected to the PCB, we've got a single 6-PIN PCI-E power connector and a single SLI connector across the top.
The I/O department doesn't show us anything we haven't seen before from Palit. What's interesting is that the three cards we've looked at so far have all had a different setup. Galaxy opted for a Dual-Link DVI, VGA and HDMI; MSI two Dual-Link DVIs and a mini HDMI and here Palit have gone the two Dual-Link DVI, VGA and HDMI path. No doubt Palit has the largest array of ports of the three and something worth considering when looking at the GTS 450.
Just quickly I'll cover the fact that the reference clocks for the GTS 450 are 783MHz on the core, 1566MHz on the Shader and 3600MHz QDR on the memory clock. For a little more detail on the card's specifications, I would recommend checking out the Galaxy Super OC review.
As to why Palit was greeted with a nice "Holy Crap!" message from me, it's because out of the box they're offering us a mammoth 930MHz core clock. 930MHz! When we tested the MSI one for overclocking, we achieved only 20MHz more than that. It's just insane to see a company offer us such a big OC that's so close to what we've seen cards overclock to.
What that's done is pushed our Shader clock to 1860MHz. I'm just glad that Palit hasn't chosen to rely on that core clock, though, and have instead chosen to increase the memory speed to 4000MHz QDR like we've seen from both Galaxy and MSI so far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NASA shows Mars 2020 rover concept
- Microsoft Studios now named MS Studios Global Publishing
- Tesla's Chatbot Elon will help you manage your car
- How Mario Rabbids crossover is a big missed opportunity
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning