NZXT was created in 2004 as a company that built products for gamers and enthusiasts. They are most known for their quality cases and power supplies and always strive to put the customer and their needs above all. They are based in the USA where all of their engineering and design is done while they have production done overseas in China and Taiwan.
NZXT's latest and greatest is the HALE90 series of PSU's. These PSU's are based off of the Super Flower Golden Green design and customized by changing the capacitors, cables, and more. Today we are taking a look at the HALE90 850W and running it through our gauntlet of tests to see how it performs.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The NZXT HALE90 850W PSU retails for $179.99. Several places have it listed for below MSRP and if you do your shopping you can pick one up for around $160. This puts the HALE90 850W towards the upper end of pricing for the 800W-900W market, but the price difference may be worth your hard earned cash if it produces quality power and stays silent throughout operation.
NZXT tries to make sure that your hard earned money doesn't go to waste with the HALE90 850W. It is packed full of features such as Active PFC, over voltage and under voltage protection (OVP/UVP), and short-circuit protection (SCP). Ensuring that your investment doesn't go to waste should there be a failure, NZXT backs the HALE90 by a 5 year warranty.
To keep everything cool inside the PSU, NZXT has fitted a 140mm two-ball bearing fan on the underside. The 140mm fan is rated at 30db under full PSU load which should provide near silent operation. The back of the HALE90 utilizes a honeycomb design to ensure the minimum amount of restriction to airflow.
The HALE90 series of PSU's are the first from NZXT to receive any rating from 80plus.org. NZXT shoots straight to the top of their awards and receives a gold rating on the entire HALE90 lineup. The 850W model that we have on the bench today is rated at 88.7%, 90.97%, and 88.74% efficiency at 20%, 50%, and 100% loads respectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 tested, loses to reference RX Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes