Arctic Silver is undoubtedly one of the best, if not best, thermal compounds for small contact areas. Arctic Silver is a thermal compound made of pure micronized silver, better known as thermal paste that is applied to processor core where heatsinks are put in place to dissipate heat from the chip through the heatsink. Many months ago now, the original Arctic Silver was designed and released for small contact areas such as FC-PGA Intel Pentium III and Socket-A AMD Athlon cores that are produced on a micron size of 0.18 and below; these are classified as "small contact areas".
Arctic Silver has gained wide recognition as the best thermal compound engineer in the world; their flagship product (which we reviewed back in September 2000) is used as a benchmark to compare other thermal compounds. Why stop there? The company Arctic Silver has realized the potential for capturing added market share by introducing Arctic Silver II, which is essentially Arctic Silver with an optimized formula for large contact areas but also with "support" for small contact areas making it a very diverse product now catering for every tech savvy user.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points