Arctic Silver is undoubtedly one of the best, if not best, thermal compounds for small contact areas. Arctic Silver is a thermal compound made of pure micronized silver, better known as thermal paste that is applied to processor core where heatsinks are put in place to dissipate heat from the chip through the heatsink. Many months ago now, the original Arctic Silver was designed and released for small contact areas such as FC-PGA Intel Pentium III and Socket-A AMD Athlon cores that are produced on a micron size of 0.18 and below; these are classified as "small contact areas".
Arctic Silver has gained wide recognition as the best thermal compound engineer in the world; their flagship product (which we reviewed back in September 2000) is used as a benchmark to compare other thermal compounds. Why stop there? The company Arctic Silver has realized the potential for capturing added market share by introducing Arctic Silver II, which is essentially Arctic Silver with an optimized formula for large contact areas but also with "support" for small contact areas making it a very diverse product now catering for every tech savvy user.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now