The Corsair Force F40 40GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Corsair Force 40GB. Smaller capacity doesn't mean a small form factor, the F40 is still a 2.5" form factor drive that will slide right into nearly every notebook on the planet. Capacity information is listed on the front of the drive with the model and serial number.
The back of the drive is void of print information but does have the four standard mounting locations that will give you the ability to mount the F40 into some of the newer desktop adapters.
Looking at the side we also see the standard mounting points that are used widely to mount 2.5" form factor drives.
The back has standard SATA power and data ports.
Normally this section is uneventful but today we have something interesting. I stated earlier that the new 40GB SandForce based drives only have 12 flash modules and not the 16 we have come to expect. Here we see how this worked out. On the top side three modules were removed and only five remain.
On the back we see that seven of the eight modules are remaining. That makes the drive a four channel, three memory modules per channel instead or four / four.
Now let's see what happens with the performance!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup