The Build and Finished Product
Prepping for the installation, I pulled off the front bezel. This exposes the 120mm included fan and also shows that Cooler Master designed this area for either two 120mm fans or a 200mm fan.
With the cooler I will be using I didn't need the exhaust fan. So I removed it from the back, and with the use of the 25mm black fan screws, I added it to the intake while I installed my optical drive. Worth mentioning also is that the front I/O stays with the case, so when you remove the bezel there are no connected wires to hassle with.
With the bezel back in place, the black faced optical drive blends right in to the coloring. If it wasn't for the writing on the drive, it leaves a very stealth look.
For a mid tower, the HAF 912 offers a lot of room. To prove the point I left the hard drive assembly out. With it removed there is no reason dueling HD 5970's can fit comfortably in here. With all the wire management tie points and access holes, it leaves a very clean and air flow friendly result.
Wiring behind the tray is very intuitive. The tie points are in all the right areas to keep things both tidy and out of view from the front.
All reassembled and ready for power, the only real change is that you can see there is a drive installed. Otherwise it keeps a simple yet attractive presence on the desk.
When under power, the only lighting you get out of the box is seen here. While both LEDs are an orange-red color, the left one represents HDD activity, and the dimmer light on the right signifies power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives