The Build and Finished Product
Prepping for the installation, I pulled off the front bezel. This exposes the 120mm included fan and also shows that Cooler Master designed this area for either two 120mm fans or a 200mm fan.
With the cooler I will be using I didn't need the exhaust fan. So I removed it from the back, and with the use of the 25mm black fan screws, I added it to the intake while I installed my optical drive. Worth mentioning also is that the front I/O stays with the case, so when you remove the bezel there are no connected wires to hassle with.
With the bezel back in place, the black faced optical drive blends right in to the coloring. If it wasn't for the writing on the drive, it leaves a very stealth look.
For a mid tower, the HAF 912 offers a lot of room. To prove the point I left the hard drive assembly out. With it removed there is no reason dueling HD 5970's can fit comfortably in here. With all the wire management tie points and access holes, it leaves a very clean and air flow friendly result.
Wiring behind the tray is very intuitive. The tie points are in all the right areas to keep things both tidy and out of view from the front.
All reassembled and ready for power, the only real change is that you can see there is a drive installed. Otherwise it keeps a simple yet attractive presence on the desk.
When under power, the only lighting you get out of the box is seen here. While both LEDs are an orange-red color, the left one represents HDD activity, and the dimmer light on the right signifies power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss says the PS4 has a 'huge lead' over the Xbox One
- Half-Life 3 teased in a recent update to Dota 2
- Naughty Dog: around 80% of PS4 gamers 'have never played Uncharted'
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- Z170 gaming K4-DOS Bios file name more than 8 characters
- Slow performance on new RAID array after cloning old array?
- Connection questions Z170 Extreme 6+ motherboard
- Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 won't POST when loading XMP Profile for G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz Black DDR4
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent