Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The body of the HAF 912 is made from SECC steel, painted on just the outside. Cooler Master explains it like this. They realize the trend is to have the interior painted, but it doesn't help air flow or wire management, but does add significantly to the cost. The fronts, plastic bezel is black with mesh inserts and drive covers, and keeps styling with a military feel to it like the other HAF chassis have. The motherboard tray had tabs punched in it along with Holes for CPU access and wire management while supporting both m-ATX and ATX motherboards. Between the tray and the bezel, the rack assembly can support up to four 5.25" devices, six 3.5" devices internally, along with a smaller rack on the floor for two 2.5" drives. A special feature I haven't seen in a HAF yet, and it's a takeoff from the CM 690II. Four of the hard drives, as an assembly, can either be removed entirely, offering up to 390mm of space for your GPU or rotated 90° and reinstalled.
Cooling is addressed inside the HAF 912, but just barely. The real plan here is to allow you to figure out if you want to order a 200mm MegaFlow fan or two, in either red or blue LED, or no LEDs at all. Cooler master makes room in the top and the front of the chassis for 200mm fan placement. The two included 120mm fans, one placed in the rear as an exhaust and the other in the front as an intake, it does offer a bit of flow inside while you make up your mind on the final cooling solution. Water cooling is an acceptable option, as the top of the chassis is drilled to accept a dual 120mm radiator. It may go inside if the motherboard components don't cause an issue, and the rear of the case has grommets to allow passage to the radiator if it is placed externally. Cooler Master doesn't offer a window for this version just yet, but there is a ventilated area to accept either a 120mm or 140mm fan to inject a bit of fresh air to the graphics cards.
I'm sure Cooler Master is eager to get the HAF 912 out on shelves, as they do have a very feature rich chassis that leaves just enough for the DIY'er in all of us to add our signature to the finished product. The intention over all things in the 912, was that Cooler Master wants to offer us a chassis that takes all the best of the HAF series, while keeping other things simple, taking the streamlined approach to this case design. Reason being that in the end, they wanted to offer us a chassis that offers enthusiast features, yet keeping a budget minded price tag. From what I have been told, we are to expect the HAF 912 to hit stores with a MSRP of $59.99. Let's take a closer look and see just what Cooler Master delivers for your $60.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20