Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The body of the HAF 912 is made from SECC steel, painted on just the outside. Cooler Master explains it like this. They realize the trend is to have the interior painted, but it doesn't help air flow or wire management, but does add significantly to the cost. The fronts, plastic bezel is black with mesh inserts and drive covers, and keeps styling with a military feel to it like the other HAF chassis have. The motherboard tray had tabs punched in it along with Holes for CPU access and wire management while supporting both m-ATX and ATX motherboards. Between the tray and the bezel, the rack assembly can support up to four 5.25" devices, six 3.5" devices internally, along with a smaller rack on the floor for two 2.5" drives. A special feature I haven't seen in a HAF yet, and it's a takeoff from the CM 690II. Four of the hard drives, as an assembly, can either be removed entirely, offering up to 390mm of space for your GPU or rotated 90° and reinstalled.
Cooling is addressed inside the HAF 912, but just barely. The real plan here is to allow you to figure out if you want to order a 200mm MegaFlow fan or two, in either red or blue LED, or no LEDs at all. Cooler master makes room in the top and the front of the chassis for 200mm fan placement. The two included 120mm fans, one placed in the rear as an exhaust and the other in the front as an intake, it does offer a bit of flow inside while you make up your mind on the final cooling solution. Water cooling is an acceptable option, as the top of the chassis is drilled to accept a dual 120mm radiator. It may go inside if the motherboard components don't cause an issue, and the rear of the case has grommets to allow passage to the radiator if it is placed externally. Cooler Master doesn't offer a window for this version just yet, but there is a ventilated area to accept either a 120mm or 140mm fan to inject a bit of fresh air to the graphics cards.
I'm sure Cooler Master is eager to get the HAF 912 out on shelves, as they do have a very feature rich chassis that leaves just enough for the DIY'er in all of us to add our signature to the finished product. The intention over all things in the 912, was that Cooler Master wants to offer us a chassis that takes all the best of the HAF series, while keeping other things simple, taking the streamlined approach to this case design. Reason being that in the end, they wanted to offer us a chassis that offers enthusiast features, yet keeping a budget minded price tag. From what I have been told, we are to expect the HAF 912 to hit stores with a MSRP of $59.99. Let's take a closer look and see just what Cooler Master delivers for your $60.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset