The Build and Finished Product
Behind the tray I made as big of a mess of the wiring as I could. I tried to bulk it all up in the middle to cause the door an issue with closure. The result is, I failed. Even with this mass of wiring the door shuts completely over them with ease. As I said, there is plenty of room left here, and plenty of the tabs to tie the wiring to. No excuses here, the Colossus offers space and opportunity just like the Obsidians do. Don't forget to leave the door panel connection accessible. Mine is draped over the top so that I could easily make the connection when I installed the panel. I ran the opposing panels wire under the hard drive so it was ready for that one as well.
The rear of the Colossus fills out well, especially with all black components. I used one of the holes to pass the USB 3.0 connections through and hooked them to the appropriate USB connections in the rear I/O.
Internally the finished product is just as clean of a presentation as I have seen in any case. You can see not only is it tidy, it's roomy, allowing for both easy access to components, but allows for AIO water coolers and huge air coolers to be installed with no issues as well. At this point in the fight, the Colossus is even with some judges, but it is ahead on my score card.
You have already seen the Colossus without lights; here is what it looks like in blue. This lighting is bright both day and night, and will add a considerable glow to the room.
With the push of a button it goes to red. In the daytime hours the red isn't so brilliant, as natural and fluorescent light will cancel out a bit of the red. I can assure you, once it starts to get dim in the room; the red lighting takes on its full effect. I have mine set to red and it turns my room a nice red as it reflects off the white walls.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance