Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Colossus comes with a choice. You can either purchase a white or the black version which we are about to see up close. Aside from the obvious color difference, the chassis will be identical in structure and design. With the Colossus your color choice does cover both the exterior as well as the interior. The exterior is a mix of ABS plastic, used in the top and front, while SECC steel makes up the structure and door panels. This BitFenix chassis will allow for the full range of motherboards from m-ITX to E-ATX, and being able to house the E-ATX makes this a large chassis, almost the same size as the Obsidian. Internally the chassis can also accommodate up to five 5.25" drives, seven 3.5" drives that will hold 2.5" drives as well, and in the rear there are eight tool-less expansion slots.
Wired inside the Colossus, the front I/O has all the amenities we are used to in a full featured case. Things like e-SATA connections, front audio and USB 2.0 are all covered. Along with a few other chassis builders, BitFenix has chosen to offer two additional USB 3.0 connections to either use now, or later when you have equipment capable of using it. All of these connections are hidden in a lockable tray and offer a unique way of routing the cables to give the Colossus a very professional and clean look, even when in use. Inside of this tray you will also find a fan control knob along with a couple of lighting switches. The fan controller will operate up to five fans, including the two included 230mm fans. The switches will allow control of red, blue or no lighting, and also allow for a "pulse" feature for the lighting.
With the Colossus there are just too many features to talk about. I would rather show you what they are. Things like the Softouch exterior coating and the wire management are better explained with visual cues. As I mentioned, I received my sample extremely early, and on the 20th of August it was publically released "on paper". I personally know production is in full swing and they do expect the Colossus to be ready on store shelves around the middle of September month. Both sides of the pond will be blessed with access to this chassis and at very reasonable pricing. BitFenix has set the MSRP of 159 or $169 US dollars. Effectively, that puts the Colossus in direct competition to the Phantom we just saw recently and even the DF-85. The ring girl is carrying the card for round one. Get ready to welcome the newcomer into the ring!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS