The Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler
Pulling the cooler out of the packaging, you can see the thicker radiator is very obvious. What isn't so much is that the head unit underwent a diet since we saw it on the H50.
From this angle you can tell what I mean about the diet. The unit is shorter than the H50, but I'm pleased to see new tubing connectivity on the head unit as well. The old style of them only going straight up limited some installations.
With use of 90° swivel fittings on the side this time, the H70 version allows for almost any angle to be achieved. This will lower the space needed to mount the unit, and look cleaner when it is installed.
Once the coolant is heated, the pump pushes it through ¼" tubing into the 48mm thick radiator. It then goes through the radiator and with the dual fan configuration, gets rid of the heat here.
At first glance I wasn't so sure that the tubing was installed correctly. Even though it doesn't cover all of the exposed metal, I pulled on it with all I could give it, and they stayed right where they started. So there are no worries of leaks if yours arrives like this as well.
Removing the plastic safety cap on the head unit allows us to see that Corsair applies a liberal amount of TIM to the base plate. There is plenty of area covering this base to more than cover even the largest IHS.
Since we use the same TIM on all the coolers we test, I had to remove the pre-applied TIM. This gives us a great chance to look at the surface of the base plate. Against a razor, the majority of the base is level, but at the edges it does tend to round off a bit. Aside from that, the overall finish could use a bit of love, but I have seen worse.
Corsair sends these black fans to be installed on the H70. They are both 3-pin powered and can attain 61 CFM at 2000 RPM. Now, with the head unit going in the CPU header, it's nice that Corsair includes the "Y" adapter so you can easily power both fans off one other header on the motherboard.
Here we have the H70 with one fan installed. Mind you, I have the fan oriented better for our testing. In a case install this fan should be facing the other way, or pulling air in.
Here is what the 98mm deep sandwich looks like with both fans on the radiator. Again, I want to say that these fans should orient the other way so they draw outside air into the radiator, not blow it outside the case as I have it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- AMD breaking world records with Ryzen 7 1800X already
- 'Rogue One' Blu-ray announced, extras detailed
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood