Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The overall concept is very similar to the H50. The H70 still uses a copper plate under the pump, in the head unit. This time, though, the head unit is shorter and offers 90° fittings that swivel a fair amount. The H50 had rigid tubes emanating from the larger head unit; the H70 is a much better design so far. The coolant is then moved from the head unit to the radiator through ¼" I.D. tubing with a plastic protective covering on the one foot lengths of tubing. The radiator is thicker in the H70. This time the radiator has a 48mm thickness, which should make this unit much more efficient than the H50 is.
Just making the radiator thicker wasn't enough for Corsair. They also decided to ship the H70 with two 120mm fans. Both fans are identical and boast speeds of up to 2000 RPM with 61 CFM of air flow. If noise is an issue and that 31 dBA rating is a bit loud for your tastes, don't worry, Corsair has you covered. They not only ship a "Y" adapter to power both fans off one header, they also added inline resistors so you can step down the noise of the fans. Of course, this will lower the performance as well.
Looking to buy the H70, I jumped on Google and did some shopping. What I found was there are about eleven shops that carry the H70 currently. Also what I saw was a wide range of pricing. The cheapest pricing I saw was $99.99 at Linke Computer, with shipping the total is $112.98. On the other end of the spectrum, I saw a couple of retailers at the $145 mark, and we haven't even touched on shipping from them yet! - Meanwhile, Newegg is boarding on the lower end of the deal, shifting the H70 at the time of writing for 109.99. This pricing is very comparable to the Vantage A.L.C. - These solutions are well into the "extremist levels" of cooler pricing, and one of the more expensive coolers I have tested.
Let's see how well the H70 can do after a few images of the new design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Police called due to altercation between eSports pro and journalist
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Star Wars Battlefront weekend PC players doubled by Team Fortress 2
- University of California develops valuable injury training simulation
- VTech hacked and 4.8 million accounts compromised, links to children
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis