As with most modern motherboards, the P6X58D-E was easy to setup and also to get the drivers installed. ASUS has one of the better auto installers that we have played with, so things went very smoothly. As we mentioned, there was plenty of space between the primary GPU and the RAM (also the CPU), so we do not anticipate any cooling issues.
One odd problem that we did run into was with the EPU-6 software. Despite the fact that we had set the software to not put the system in stand-by, we found that every time we booted up these settings were changed back to defaults. This only happened when running on the Auto setting and did not affect performance in any way (other than the system would power off after 25 minutes).
Still, even with this issue, we would recommend installing this software as when active we noticed a reduction in heat generation, and of course power draw. The system still remained quick and responsive. We did not have to wait at all to go from the reduced power state at idle to running full blast.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league