As with most modern motherboards, the P6X58D-E was easy to setup and also to get the drivers installed. ASUS has one of the better auto installers that we have played with, so things went very smoothly. As we mentioned, there was plenty of space between the primary GPU and the RAM (also the CPU), so we do not anticipate any cooling issues.
One odd problem that we did run into was with the EPU-6 software. Despite the fact that we had set the software to not put the system in stand-by, we found that every time we booted up these settings were changed back to defaults. This only happened when running on the Auto setting and did not affect performance in any way (other than the system would power off after 25 minutes).
Still, even with this issue, we would recommend installing this software as when active we noticed a reduction in heat generation, and of course power draw. The system still remained quick and responsive. We did not have to wait at all to go from the reduced power state at idle to running full blast.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4