As with most modern motherboards, the P6X58D-E was easy to setup and also to get the drivers installed. ASUS has one of the better auto installers that we have played with, so things went very smoothly. As we mentioned, there was plenty of space between the primary GPU and the RAM (also the CPU), so we do not anticipate any cooling issues.
One odd problem that we did run into was with the EPU-6 software. Despite the fact that we had set the software to not put the system in stand-by, we found that every time we booted up these settings were changed back to defaults. This only happened when running on the Auto setting and did not affect performance in any way (other than the system would power off after 25 minutes).
Still, even with this issue, we would recommend installing this software as when active we noticed a reduction in heat generation, and of course power draw. The system still remained quick and responsive. We did not have to wait at all to go from the reduced power state at idle to running full blast.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent