Out of the box this 12GB kit that consists of three 4GB modules carries with it a 2000MHz DDR clock and a 9-10-9-28 timings setup. We're not sure if the kit utilized a 1T or 2T setup since we couldn't find information outside of just the standard timings, but we tried 1T and we didn't run into any problems at 1.65v.
You can see the validation here.
When it came to overclocking we really had no luck. We started at 2100MHz and couldn't get a post, moved to 2050MHz DDR and had the same issue. At around the 2020MHz mark we could get into Windows, but such a small gain isn't worth worrying about.
It's important to remember that 4GB modules are in themselves harder to achieve greater speeds with. When you then combine that with the need to get that on three modules instead of two, the job becomes even more difficult. It would've been nice to see a few more MHz, but the fact that we had no problems at stock speed is the main thing.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the memory. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking, or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD