It's been ages since we've seen anything from Super Talent, but when we saw a press release from the company announcing a new 12GB kit, it was time to chase up a sample of a new kit of RAM to test.
Over the last few months we've seen some larger memory kits arrive which is a bit of a sign of the times. Cheap memory and the ability to offer higher MHz on higher density kits means we're seeing some pretty fast high capacity memory kits.
While not quite as large as the 24GB kit we looked at from Kingston a bit back, this PC3-16000 kit is packing with it quite a decent stock clock speed; higher than we've seen to date from 4GB modules with even the A-DATA 8GB Dual Channel kit carrying only 1600MHz DDR.
Before we get into too much detail, though, let's look what's going on with the package and the modules themselves.
There's not much to the package. You can see the kit through the clear packaging with one module letting you know the main details of the kit. It's all around very basic, but we see this quite often from memory companies with some giving us nothing more than a brown box.
The kit itself is really shiny thanks to the chrome finish. I suppose that's why Super Talent call it the Chrome Series. To be honest, the kit itself is quite boring when it comes to heatsink design. In saying that, it feels fantastic; the quality can really be felt. It goes to show sometimes we don't need all these fancy heat pipes protruding out every possible angle.
As for labeling, we've got the Super Talent logo on one side and the other has all the boring information like the model and main specifications of the kit. We won't go into much detail as we'll cover that on the next page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance