As this is an ASUS motherboard, you know there are going to be options for tinkering with performance. I expected a few items; maybe some RAM tweaks and a GPU clock, but I was not expecting a fairly full JumperFree Configuration page.
Looking at the Advanced CPU settings page, we find some of the more common settings that you would find on more advanced desktop systems. You are missing things like Virtualization and C-States, but as the CPU embedded onto the board does not support these things, there is no reason to have this in the BIOS.
In the JumperFree Configuration page we find that ASUS has made sure there are some overclocking options for you. They are not the typical ones that you would find in their higher-end boards, but they are still there.
To overclock the Atom all you have to do is find the speed you want and hit Enter. We had fun tying this out and found that as long as you leave things set to auto, you can get some rather good clocks from this board and CPU combo.
To make sure you have enough memory available for graphics, you can set this in the MCP7A chipset configuration page. .
There are more options available to you in other areas of the BIOS, including ASUS' Q-Fan settings. If you hook up a few fans to the AT3IONT-I then you can also set up profiles to control the operation of the fans.
As we mentioned above, we found that the AT3IONT-I Deluxe has overclocking options. These allow you to set a final clock speed for the CPU very easily. We cranked it up to its maximum of 2.1 GHz to see what we could get. The board did allow us to post and get into Windows, but it failed during our first test. We backed the clock down by 100MHz and tried again. It turned out that 2 GHz was the sweet spot; the board took care of the voltages needed and we pushed forward from there.
You can see the validation for the Atom 330 on the AT3IONT-I here.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset