As this is an ASUS motherboard, you know there are going to be options for tinkering with performance. I expected a few items; maybe some RAM tweaks and a GPU clock, but I was not expecting a fairly full JumperFree Configuration page.
Looking at the Advanced CPU settings page, we find some of the more common settings that you would find on more advanced desktop systems. You are missing things like Virtualization and C-States, but as the CPU embedded onto the board does not support these things, there is no reason to have this in the BIOS.
In the JumperFree Configuration page we find that ASUS has made sure there are some overclocking options for you. They are not the typical ones that you would find in their higher-end boards, but they are still there.
To overclock the Atom all you have to do is find the speed you want and hit Enter. We had fun tying this out and found that as long as you leave things set to auto, you can get some rather good clocks from this board and CPU combo.
To make sure you have enough memory available for graphics, you can set this in the MCP7A chipset configuration page. .
There are more options available to you in other areas of the BIOS, including ASUS' Q-Fan settings. If you hook up a few fans to the AT3IONT-I then you can also set up profiles to control the operation of the fans.
As we mentioned above, we found that the AT3IONT-I Deluxe has overclocking options. These allow you to set a final clock speed for the CPU very easily. We cranked it up to its maximum of 2.1 GHz to see what we could get. The board did allow us to post and get into Windows, but it failed during our first test. We backed the clock down by 100MHz and tried again. It turned out that 2 GHz was the sweet spot; the board took care of the voltages needed and we pushed forward from there.
You can see the validation for the Atom 330 on the AT3IONT-I here.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XIV free trial now has unlimited time
- SpaceX to launch first-ever used rocket to space
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design