The ASUS AT3IONT-I Deluxe with its "dual core" Atom 330, DDR3 support, MCP7A (ION) and provided power supply it a nice little package. I found it to be a very capable board while the extras (like the remote and Home Theater Gate software) added to the value of the entire package.
It is true that you are not getting a powerhouse here, but then again it is not aimed at the HPC (High Performance Computing) market, the enthusiast market (unless it is the enthusiast's HTPC market) or the gamer's market. It is meant to fill a space at the lower user area and also at the mid-range HTPC space. In these two areas it does remarkably well. We even see it performing better than the much newer Atom D510 despite having an end of life Atom 330 (just shows you that EOL does not always mean obsolete). Plus with the way ASUS has tuned this board, you can push it quite far even for daily use. We found that our 2GHz overclock was stable for 24/7 operation with minimal extra cooling.
I can seriously envision this sitting in a small case with good air flow and running happily in an office, kitchen or play room; providing media services without breaking a sweat. Considering the $189.99 price tag from NewEgg.com there really is no reason not to pick the ASUS MiniMax Home Entertainment Center, complete with the AT3IONT-I Deluxe. I know that the one we have here will be finding a home in my office very soon.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Opera receives $1.2 billion bid from Chinese consortium
- Filming on 'Star Wars Episode VIII' kicks off
- Analyst expects mobile app store revenue to hit $100 billion by 2020
- Unity announces SteamVR support, now works on the HTC Vive
- P.T. influenced game now coming to Xbox One and PS4, possibly VR
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance