Though TDK has been around for quite some time now, they haven't always been in the business of making optical drives. But from looking at this specimen, these folks believe in doing the job right. The speeds we see here are easily at the upper reaches of what you could expect from a CD drive and the burning performance is outstanding.
But if you think this is good enough, then stand fast because there is even more. TDK claims to be able to perform rewrites at a staggering 24x! Of course there isn't any 24x media currently available so you'll still be limited to the 16x, but it's nice to know that you'll already be prepared for the future without having to do a thing.
Another consideration when looking at this drive is price. With the Yamaha F1 being the main competitor for this model, the TDK version costs considerably less. As an example, I priced the Yamaha model at US$153 for the retail bundle. The TDK model reviewed today cost US$85. Sure, this TDK unit doesn't engrave the fancy designs and logos into the blank area of the disk like the Yamaha does, but I think I can live without that.
Bottom line...If you're in the market for a new CD burner and have an eye for speed, then take a serious look at this TDK veloCD 48x16x48. It offers awesome performance at a very reasonable price. This is a combination that is just too good to be true.
Awesome burn rates
Accurate Digital Audio Extractions
CPU usage rather high
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017