Though TDK has been around for quite some time now, they haven't always been in the business of making optical drives. But from looking at this specimen, these folks believe in doing the job right. The speeds we see here are easily at the upper reaches of what you could expect from a CD drive and the burning performance is outstanding.
But if you think this is good enough, then stand fast because there is even more. TDK claims to be able to perform rewrites at a staggering 24x! Of course there isn't any 24x media currently available so you'll still be limited to the 16x, but it's nice to know that you'll already be prepared for the future without having to do a thing.
Another consideration when looking at this drive is price. With the Yamaha F1 being the main competitor for this model, the TDK version costs considerably less. As an example, I priced the Yamaha model at US$153 for the retail bundle. The TDK model reviewed today cost US$85. Sure, this TDK unit doesn't engrave the fancy designs and logos into the blank area of the disk like the Yamaha does, but I think I can live without that.
Bottom line...If you're in the market for a new CD burner and have an eye for speed, then take a serious look at this TDK veloCD 48x16x48. It offers awesome performance at a very reasonable price. This is a combination that is just too good to be true.
Awesome burn rates
Accurate Digital Audio Extractions
CPU usage rather high
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now