When you tear open the box of your new toy you will be greeted by several items of interest. You get the drive (of course), Quick Start guides that cover the installation of the drive and installation of the software programs, a standard IDE ribbon cable, a small bag with mounting screws and a tray release tool, a marker for labeling newly burned disks, a blank CD-R, a blank CD-RW, the software disk and a pamphlet advertising several different types of TDK blank media.
Pretty standard fare, but let's take a closer look at the software package included with this drive:
I'd like to start right off with a huge THANK YOU TDK. Why? Because we finally have a major player in the burner market that realizes that Adaptec CD Creator sucks. And no matter how many name changes it goes through, it is still the same sub-standard program for burning disks. Ahead Nero has been praised time and time again for being one of the best burning utilities available and TDK has added this very program to the package we see here today.
You will also get the TDK Digital MixMaster program and InCD, which is a packet writing program. If you've never used one of these programs before, it allows you to throw a RW disk into your burner and then use the RW just like a small hard drive. You can even drag and drop from within either Windows Explorer or My Computer. Very simple and InCD program works fine.
Besides these utilities, you get some very basic Adobe type freeware programs and some how to guides, but nothing else of real note.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- Qualcomm acquires NXP Semiconductor for $47 billion
- Nintendo Switch has 6-inch 720p multi-touchscreen
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications