Looking at the card itself, we can see the cooler GIGABYTE has opted for looks pretty mean. We've got a number of copper heat pipes coming out the top and the fan itself is quite large. As for the rest of the card, there are no real surprises here. We've got a single 6-Pin PCI-E power connector at the back and a CrossFire connector at the top. Connectivity is the standard Eyefinity setup which means two Dual-Link DVI connectors, HDMI and DisplayPort.
The card we're looking at today is part of the Super Overclock series which of course means it's overclocked out of the box.
At default the HD 5770 carries with it an 850MHz core and the 1GB of GDDR5 comes with a 4800MHz QDR clock. While the SOC hasn't moved the memory clock, GIGABYTE has bumped the core up 50MHz to 900MHz.
We're not sure if we would call this a "super" overclock, but 50MHz core on a mid range model is impressive. Hopefully when it comes to benchmarking it manages to give us some nice numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 18 [Total Value Rating (TVR) and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.