The Antec Dark Fleet-85 Full Tower Case
Looking at the front of the DF-85, you can see what I was talking about earlier with the optical bay covers and the three individual fan panels. This uniquely designed front bezel is subdued a bit with the black on black color scheme.
The front I/O can be found at the top of the front of the chassis. It has the usual connections for USB 2.0 and audio as well as a blue USB 3.0 connection.
The top of the chassis offers two 140mm fans to rid the inside of heat. Near the front, you will find a surprise hiding underneath a plastic cover.
Removing a screw allowed me to remove the plastic cover to expose what is underneath. This is where Antec allows you to use a 2.5" hard drive in a hot swappable fashion. Just slide it in and get to work.
This side of the chassis resembles the 1200 quite a bit, as the same side window design and shape are found. There are no clips on the inside of the window to hold the fan as like my 900 had, but screws are provided to mount an optional fan here.
The rear of the DF-85 has a few things not normally found in chassis design. There are the typical features like a PSU hole, seven expansion slots and some ventilated areas. Three things I'm not used to seeing are dual exhaust fans, the oddly shaped expansion slot, and the bank of four switches near the top.
The switch panel I just mentioned controls the two rear exhaust fans on the left and the top fans on the right. Each individual fan can be set to high or low for optimum noise versus cooling performance. This whole system is pre-wired internally; all you have to do is power the Molex connections and you are ready to personalize your fan settings.
The back side is pretty plain; the only thing to see is the embossed Antec Design logo on the textured black side panel.
Large rubber feet support the DF-85. The feet are glued to the solid steel floor of the chassis. Rivets hold the various internal pieces in place, while the four holes in the middle are for mounting a SSD to the floor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [The Antec Dark Fleet-85 Full Tower Case]
- Page 4 [Inside the Antec Dark Fleet Full Tower Case]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards