Silicon Power put together a very nice looking package for the Armor A80. On the front we see USB 3.0 all over the place, so you have an idea about what you are getting. The Waterproof and Shockproof logo is very unique; too bad I don't have a submarine to test with.
At the bottom right side we see the capacity size and that also lets us know the package is dedicated for the capacity size since the capacity size isn't just a sticker like some manufacturers are using these days.
When it comes to the actual box material, the cardboard is very thin and somewhat weak. It was difficult to even get the package to sit upright.
On the back we find more information about the SP Widget software that is available for download at Silicon Power's website. The back of the package also lists some of the features and specifications for the Armor A80, but it is missing specific performance claims other than those of USB 2.0 and 3.0. This is something we don't like since USB 3.0 has yet to live up to the 5Gbps mark.
The inner packaging is made up of clear plastic that does a good job of keeping the accessories away from the drive. This will make it so your drive arrives without surface scratches from accessories rubbing against the drive.
The accessories package is well thought out. Two USB 3.0 cables are included; one a dual Type A plug that is capable of providing extra power to your Armor A80 and the other a portable dual Type A that is stored on the drive. A manual is also included as well as a driver disk if needed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent