Silicon Power put together a very nice looking package for the Armor A80. On the front we see USB 3.0 all over the place, so you have an idea about what you are getting. The Waterproof and Shockproof logo is very unique; too bad I don't have a submarine to test with.
At the bottom right side we see the capacity size and that also lets us know the package is dedicated for the capacity size since the capacity size isn't just a sticker like some manufacturers are using these days.
When it comes to the actual box material, the cardboard is very thin and somewhat weak. It was difficult to even get the package to sit upright.
On the back we find more information about the SP Widget software that is available for download at Silicon Power's website. The back of the package also lists some of the features and specifications for the Armor A80, but it is missing specific performance claims other than those of USB 2.0 and 3.0. This is something we don't like since USB 3.0 has yet to live up to the 5Gbps mark.
The inner packaging is made up of clear plastic that does a good job of keeping the accessories away from the drive. This will make it so your drive arrives without surface scratches from accessories rubbing against the drive.
The accessories package is well thought out. Two USB 3.0 cables are included; one a dual Type A plug that is capable of providing extra power to your Armor A80 and the other a portable dual Type A that is stored on the drive. A manual is also included as well as a driver disk if needed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup