Allow me to introduce Albatron, the latest motherboard manufacturer out of Taiwan. We caught our first glimpse of Albatron and their products at this year's Computex in Taipei where they assured us that they had some very interesting products ready to hit the market immediately. The first of these products to make its way to our testing labs was the KX400+ featuring the VIA KT333 chipset yet supporting DDR400 memory. We were relatively happy with this board, however, its lack of RAID, USB 2.0, PCI/AGP divider adjustments and voltage tweaks significantly brought down its rating.
A month or so later we received Albatron's PX845E Pro II motherboard, featuring Intel's i845E chipset for the socket478 Pentium 4. It supports DDR266 memory and comes packed with onboard features. In the past, we have tested some very attractive i845E motherboards and there are certainly plenty of other viable i845E solutions already on the market.
Does the Albatron PX845E Pro II have what it takes to compete in an already crowded market? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Albatron PX845E Pro II - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Albatron PX845E Pro II - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Albatron PX845E Pro II - Page 3 [Package Contents, Features & Layout]
- Albatron PX845E Pro II - Page 4 [Test System & SiSoft Sandra]
- Albatron PX845E Pro II - Page 5 [System Productivity]
- Albatron PX845E Pro II - Page 6 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Albatron PX845E Pro II - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity