Hands on Use
The first thing you notice about the ASUS G73JH-A1 when you see it is the style. The machine is very cool and unique with its angles and flat black finish. The matte finish means that fingerprints and smudges are nonexistent. The finish has a rubber feel to it and should resist scratches well and be very durable.
Crack that lid open and you get your first glimpse at the highly glossy 17.3-inch screen. With the full HD resolution and integrated Blu-ray drive, the ASUS G73JH-A1 is a fantastic media machine. Blu-ray videos looked great with smooth playback and no issues with tearing during fast action. Streaming video from Hulu was equally good in windowed mode and full screen. The GPU inside the ASUS G73JH-A1 is up to the task of media playback.
The ASUS G73JH-A1 has a very nice sound system for a notebook with a 2.1 speaker set. A small subwoofer is located on the bottom of the machine. This subwoofer isn't large enough for the kind of deep bass you will get from a desktop system with a 2.1 speaker system, but in a notebook this is as much bass as you can expect. On a machine that will be used for movies and gaming the subwoofer is a very nice touch.
Most gamers like to play in a dark room so there is as little glare as possible on the screen. That means that we often end up having to play with a desk lamp or light of some sort to illuminate the keyboard so we can find the keys we need. The ASUS G73JH-A1 has a sweet backlit keyboard that is very nice. The keys are all placed where they are supposed to be. The only downside is the right shift key is smaller than the average shift key. Typing feel and tactile feedback are very good.
The ASUS G73JH-A1 has a large trackpad with plenty of area for use. The buttons are easy to press and the trackpad is separated well from the surrounding wrist rest area. The keys of the number pad on the right side of the keyboard are smaller than the rest of the keyboard. That is a good trade off in my book since most of us will rarely use the number pad. I would take larger standard keys any day over smaller keys across the board for the sake of a larger number pad.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [ASUS G73JH-A1]
- Page 3 [Performance]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quake is being remade in Unreal Engine 4, and it could be awesome
- Xiaomi is rumored to announce a VR headset on August 1
- Farming Simulator 2017 gameplay trailer released
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has gone gold, is ready for August 24 release
- EA is centralizing its Battlefield games under a single UI
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio