Setting up the D5 is thankfully easier than any other Bluetooth device we have used in recent times. Once everything is out of the box and set in place, the next job is to connect the small transmitter to your mobile device and then to initiate a conversation between the two. This is done by pressing the small button on the transmitter until a link is made between the two devices.
Once there is a successful pairing between the two devices, playback should follow pretty closely. In fact, the first time we used the system there was not even a need to press the pairing button; all we did was press play and music filled the room.
On later uses we did find it necessary to press the pairing button as initially instructed by the product manual. The ZiiSound D5 also allows the portable devices to use their built-in volume controls to directly interface with the unit, which is a really cool feature out and out... when it works.
Unfortunately several times during testing we found that the volume control inside the device would either freeze, lag or not show up at all until successive pairings were made. Now, we are not sure whether this was a glitch with the portable or the device, so no figures are being pointed here.
We also had issues with the volume control on our test device popping up without request, sometimes when the transmitter was fitted and the devices linked.
There is also a warning to be headed about the inherent sensitivity of the touch volume slider atop the unit, which seems to have a mind of its own being somewhat partial to exploding towards its topmost reaches on a whim. But there is every possibility of that being attributed to our feebleness and not the D5 unit.
Overall, though, those slight issues aside, we had the ZiiSound D5 up and running in no time flat. It takes our informal 'fastest Bluetooth pairing award' right off the line. In fact, right out of the box would probably be more apt, or maybe we should be saying Apt-X from here on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015