The performance of the new MP2 firmware wasn't anything like what we expected to see. In many cases, performance was actually reduced so this is something that we will need to explore in more detail at a later date. For the most part the MP2 performance was the same as what we saw with MP1 and the RC release drives but there were a few places where we had a surprise. The main category was the file copy test where the Intel X25-M was able to outperform the Callisto Deluxe with MP2. Since this is an area where SandForce drives struggle anyhow, we really wanted to see a performance increase here.
As we mentioned in the intro, Mushkin has been working very hard to get their solid state drives positioned at the top of the price search websites. For the most part, the Callisto and Callisto Deluxe have been able to hold their ground. Our 120GB Callisto Deluxe is currently one of the lowest priced SandForce SF-1200 based drives with High IOPS programming and that makes it a strong contender for anyone looking to buy a new SSD for their notebook or desktop. Newegg currently lists the drive for 289.99.
Desktop users will be happy to know that the Callisto Deluxe ships with a desktop adapter so you can install the drive very easily. If you are using a slide in drive bay with a backplane that requires the drive to be offset like a standard 3.5" form factor drive you will need to purchase a different bracket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017