The NZXT Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Case
Once out of all the wrappings we get to see the black Phantom. From this perspective NZXT's angles and unique exterior are plainly visible. The plastic parts are finished in a reflective piano black surface, while the body is less reflective but still shiny by most case standards.
With all the black plastic and black steel mesh, when you look at the Phantom from the front the shaping is less evident. The top 2/3 of the bezel is dedicated to the front door panel, while below is a large vented area to allow for good air flow.
Opening the door, the inside holds five vented covers for the 5.25" bays. There is a tab on the right side of each to unlock the cover for removal. Slide in your favorite drive and close the door until you need to use it later.
The top follows with the same contours, but the angles are reversed. In the back the mesh is now on the left, whereas on the front it sits on the right side. The front I/O, power section, and the five switch fan controller are found up near the front bezel.
Going in a little closer, the left half of the top houses the Front I/O with headphone and microphone jacks, two USB 2.0 ports, and an e-SATA connection. On the outer edge you will find a power and reset button below two strips of lighting for the power LED and HDD activity.
The right side houses the fan controller. Next to each switch you will find an icon showing which zone you are controlling and each of these switches can handle 20W worth of fans. The zones set up are rear, top, upper door, lower door, and front fans respectively.
The left side panel offers a vented area at the bottom backed by two included 120mm fans to keep the hard drives cool, as well as the bottom of the chassis. The larger vented mesh area allows for an optional 200mm fan to be placed there to cool the graphics card and CPU area. Note that if you do add the upper door fan it will lessen the 180mm CPU cooler clearance height inside.
Looking at the Phantom from the back, you really cant see much but black. The power supply mounts in the bottom of this chassis and NZXT offers four ways to run tubing in or out of the chassis for water cooling. There are the seven expansion slots with vented covers and the 120mm exhaust fan to rid the back of heated air.
The right side panel isn't plain like one would expect. With the fans blowing into the hard drive bays, NZXT opened the back of the Phantom to allow what air isn't sucked up into the main body of the chassis to pass through this vented section.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- ZOTAC has your back with GTX 1070-powered VR GO backpack
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards