Specifications, Pricing and Availability
With the first Phoenix we found some issues that didn't go over too well in our testing. The first was the use of Samsung's older M-Die flash that caused the drive to pull more power than SSDs using IMDF flash. The Phoenix Pro takes care of the power issue and now uses IMDF flash that costs less and lowers the power draw.
At first we expected G.Skill to discontinue the Phoenix, but instead G.Skill has revised the Phoenix and supplemented it with the higher capacity. Now there is the Phoenix and Phoenix Pro with the only difference being the High IOPS programming and price.
The price is where things get interesting. G.Skill is now in the position that we like to see them at. The original Phoenix, now with extended capacity programming, at 120GB costs 299.00 and is the lowest priced SandForce SSD in this capacity at Newegg. The 120GB capacity Phoenix Pro that we are reviewing today has a small price premium, but is still at a very low 289.99. At 289.99 the Phoenix Pro shares some competition, but many of those competing products don't share the same High IOPS programming and have the "base" SandForce programming configuration. This means G.Skill is the current price leader in two categories; base and high performance.
In addition to being the low cost solution, G.Skill is now including a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter bracket with the Phoenix Pro. This adds additional value to the Pro Package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 835 VR dev kit program
- Qualcomm and Leap Motion: use real life hands in VR
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording