The ASUS Z8NA-D6C is a very interesting motherboard. It has some great potential, but I think for many graphics professionals the D6C will not be the choice; they will go for the D6 with its built in LSI raid controller or an add-in board.
However, as with most dual CPU (and multi-core) systems, you will run into applications that do not know how to use the second CPU or to get all of the cores available to work properly. We were impressed with the way the board handled games as well as the lower power usage (that was a very pleasant surprise). Although we did not touch on the way it would handle as a Linux or Windows server, we can see where the support is there for this role. Features like NUMA support, caching profiles, and remote management all combine to make this a very good product for the server/workstation market. Plus, when you consider the price tag of only $300.00 at NewEgg.com you are not getting a bad deal at all.
We will try to revisit the Z8NA-D6C with a faster pair of CPUs and more RAM in the near future (as well as a couple of additional workstation related applications), but for now we can tell you that the Z8NA-D6C is a very capable board for either a workstation or server that needs dual CPUs in a small package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications