Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
I tested the Vantage in every option I could think of. All modes, with one fan and two, and spent a lot of time getting to know the Vantage. In the Extreme setting with one fan, I got an idle temperature of 50.7°. This number is a good result, but be aware that with the Extreme setting comes a lot of noise when the CPU is under load. Choosing Performance or Quiet mode will be easier on the ears, but will not give the lowest results.
As would be expected, Extreme mode also gave us the best results here. On both the idle and load testing, going to Quiet mode and running the tests only raised the temperatures not quite two full degrees.
In Quiet mode the Vantage is dead silent. I had to actually put my ear within about three to four inches from the fan to hear it idling at 1100 RPM. Granted as you ramp the fans to a higher setting, the idle noise will get a bit louder.
When set to extreme, and the cooler is doing its thing at 55-56°, the fan really lets loose. It was easy to hear outside of the sealed foam box we house the T.E.C.C. in and the meter showing 68dB proves it can really dish out the noise keeping the CPU under control.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched