As we have discussed in previous articles, the long fought battle between form and function is waging on in a world beginning to be dominated by sleek and stylish portables.
And so, as the months pass us by the continued production of these 'nano' speakers, well, continues; thick and fast to be accurate.
Today the particular slim line speaker we are discussing is the Choiix Boom Boom Travel Speaker. Choiix is a subsidiary of Cooler Master to provide some perspective, as this seems to be an all new company.
- The System Specifications
Driver : 4x 'High sensitive' drivers
Power : 2w x2 for each channel
Weight : 115g
Input Power: 5v DC
Blue LED: Power Indicator
Audio Input: 3.5mm mini jack
- Ultra slim design
- High Gloss finish
- Four Integrated drivers & amps
- Rich and clear sound for your music
- Protective speaker lid
- Standard audio cable
- Plug & play
- Powered by USB
The CHOIIX travel speaker uses a number of very small drivers, four to be exact, to provide a stereo image through the use of a single enclosure.
For our testing, the Boom Boom was connected to a high quality MP3 player with the supplied stereo mini jack cable. A wide range of music was used to gather an idea of what this small system is capable of.
- High End
Probably the strongest point of this system, the high range frequencies were present (well and truly) in the mix.
- Mid Range
Not an area that the CHOIIX was prepared (nor equipped) to deal with.
- Low End
Unfortunately we do not have any test data for this area either. It seems low frequencies simply are not there to appraise.
Overall, the style and form of this unit is its primary function. Beyond that we are afraid not much can be found. We feel that it is just as important to factor in a reasonable level of performance (when designing a product) as it is to make it attractive. After all, what is one without the other?
With that said, the Choiix Boom Boom speaker will certainly please certain users, to be sure. Just make sure that you have a vast understanding of the myriad of these systems out there at the moment and try and get a listen of some before you make your purchasing decision.
We would recommend hearing at least six to eight of these systems before spending a red cent. And that would only be covering ten percent of what's out there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design