As we have discussed in previous articles, the long fought battle between form and function is waging on in a world beginning to be dominated by sleek and stylish portables.
And so, as the months pass us by the continued production of these 'nano' speakers, well, continues; thick and fast to be accurate.
Today the particular slim line speaker we are discussing is the Choiix Boom Boom Travel Speaker. Choiix is a subsidiary of Cooler Master to provide some perspective, as this seems to be an all new company.
- The System Specifications
Driver : 4x 'High sensitive' drivers
Power : 2w x2 for each channel
Weight : 115g
Input Power: 5v DC
Blue LED: Power Indicator
Audio Input: 3.5mm mini jack
- Ultra slim design
- High Gloss finish
- Four Integrated drivers & amps
- Rich and clear sound for your music
- Protective speaker lid
- Standard audio cable
- Plug & play
- Powered by USB
The CHOIIX travel speaker uses a number of very small drivers, four to be exact, to provide a stereo image through the use of a single enclosure.
For our testing, the Boom Boom was connected to a high quality MP3 player with the supplied stereo mini jack cable. A wide range of music was used to gather an idea of what this small system is capable of.
- High End
Probably the strongest point of this system, the high range frequencies were present (well and truly) in the mix.
- Mid Range
Not an area that the CHOIIX was prepared (nor equipped) to deal with.
- Low End
Unfortunately we do not have any test data for this area either. It seems low frequencies simply are not there to appraise.
Overall, the style and form of this unit is its primary function. Beyond that we are afraid not much can be found. We feel that it is just as important to factor in a reasonable level of performance (when designing a product) as it is to make it attractive. After all, what is one without the other?
With that said, the Choiix Boom Boom speaker will certainly please certain users, to be sure. Just make sure that you have a vast understanding of the myriad of these systems out there at the moment and try and get a listen of some before you make your purchasing decision.
We would recommend hearing at least six to eight of these systems before spending a red cent. And that would only be covering ten percent of what's out there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro upgrades of PS4 games take no effort, says Sony
- New Moto Racer 4 gameplay trailer revealed
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system