Setup and WebUI - Continued
Strangely enough, the Professional page looks more like the Advanced wireless settings on most other routers.
On the LAN page you can control all of the functions of your internal LAN including the DHCP server (if you use one) and the routes used by the device.
The WAN pages are a little more complex. These control the outward face of your network. Here you have the controls for things like the DMZ (a place for a system or systems to sit outside the protections of your firewall), Advanced QoS features, Port triggers, Virtual Servers (port mapping for specific functions) and more.
With the Virtual Servers page you get a couple of drop down menus to make things much easier to setup. You can select common (for some reason the UI says Famous) games and services that will let the RT-N16 do most of the work for you.
As we mentioned above, in addition to the basic controls over your AiDisk you have some extra options down here in the Advanced section.
Under the Firewall section you have the basic set of rules and options you would have on most other routers. They are perhaps a little better laid out, but still the same.
The Admin pages are just what they say. Here is where you should head very soon after you power on your RT-N16 for the first time so you can change your Admin Password.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league