Setup and WebUI - Continued
Strangely enough, the Professional page looks more like the Advanced wireless settings on most other routers.
On the LAN page you can control all of the functions of your internal LAN including the DHCP server (if you use one) and the routes used by the device.
The WAN pages are a little more complex. These control the outward face of your network. Here you have the controls for things like the DMZ (a place for a system or systems to sit outside the protections of your firewall), Advanced QoS features, Port triggers, Virtual Servers (port mapping for specific functions) and more.
With the Virtual Servers page you get a couple of drop down menus to make things much easier to setup. You can select common (for some reason the UI says Famous) games and services that will let the RT-N16 do most of the work for you.
As we mentioned above, in addition to the basic controls over your AiDisk you have some extra options down here in the Advanced section.
Under the Firewall section you have the basic set of rules and options you would have on most other routers. They are perhaps a little better laid out, but still the same.
The Admin pages are just what they say. Here is where you should head very soon after you power on your RT-N16 for the first time so you can change your Admin Password.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup