Setup and WebUI - Continued
Strangely enough, the Professional page looks more like the Advanced wireless settings on most other routers.
On the LAN page you can control all of the functions of your internal LAN including the DHCP server (if you use one) and the routes used by the device.
The WAN pages are a little more complex. These control the outward face of your network. Here you have the controls for things like the DMZ (a place for a system or systems to sit outside the protections of your firewall), Advanced QoS features, Port triggers, Virtual Servers (port mapping for specific functions) and more.
With the Virtual Servers page you get a couple of drop down menus to make things much easier to setup. You can select common (for some reason the UI says Famous) games and services that will let the RT-N16 do most of the work for you.
As we mentioned above, in addition to the basic controls over your AiDisk you have some extra options down here in the Advanced section.
Under the Firewall section you have the basic set of rules and options you would have on most other routers. They are perhaps a little better laid out, but still the same.
The Admin pages are just what they say. Here is where you should head very soon after you power on your RT-N16 for the first time so you can change your Admin Password.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- You can now play Nintendo 64 games on Xbox One
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Our 'Kingsglaive' Blu-ray giveaway is no 'Final Fantasy'
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now