The ASUS RT-N16 is quite a beast. It is large, bulky and reminiscent of much older routers. In fact, it looks a lot like my old 802.11b router from D-Link that I have. But while the RT-N16 might be bulky, it is certainly not old.
As with most modern routers you get a few blue-LEDs to indicate activity. These are all on the front of the bezel. Interestingly enough, the WiFi light on the front says 2.4GHz, but there are no other bands available on the RT-N16.
Along the backside we find four GBe LAN ports, One GBe WAN port, two USB ports, a reset button and a WPS button. Outside of the USB ports is your typical fair. Also visible in this shot are the three antenna ports for a total of three spatial streams. These three antennas are part of the setup that allows the 300Mbps theoretical transfer rate.
The bottom has a couple of venting areas and the default login information. This is only handy for the first time you set up the RT-N16 as one of the first things you should do is to change the password.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20