The ASUS RT-N16 is quite a beast. It is large, bulky and reminiscent of much older routers. In fact, it looks a lot like my old 802.11b router from D-Link that I have. But while the RT-N16 might be bulky, it is certainly not old.
As with most modern routers you get a few blue-LEDs to indicate activity. These are all on the front of the bezel. Interestingly enough, the WiFi light on the front says 2.4GHz, but there are no other bands available on the RT-N16.
Along the backside we find four GBe LAN ports, One GBe WAN port, two USB ports, a reset button and a WPS button. Outside of the USB ports is your typical fair. Also visible in this shot are the three antenna ports for a total of three spatial streams. These three antennas are part of the setup that allows the 300Mbps theoretical transfer rate.
The bottom has a couple of venting areas and the default login information. This is only handy for the first time you set up the RT-N16 as one of the first things you should do is to change the password.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- ASUS makes its PG279Q monitor official, QHD with 165Hz and G-Sync
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' season 2 trailer reveals Vader, new friends & foes
- Disney-themed prosthetic hands are now a thing
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent