If you looked at the 768MB review of the Cyclone you're really not going to see anything new here with the cards looking really identical. We've got that massive Cyclone cooler which looks sensational along with the two 6-Pin PCI-E connectors and single SLI connector.
In the I/O department we've got two Dual Link DVI connectors and a single mini HDMI port. It would've been nice to see a mini HDMI to HDMI convertor or cable in the package. In saying that, few companies seem to be including them. We really wonder how many people would make use of the port.
Out of the box the Cyclone 1GB like the 768MB version is overclocked on the core while the 3600MHz QDR memory clock remains at stock. The default core and Shader clock is 675MHz and 1350MHz, respectively. This comes in at 726MHz and 1451MHz, ever so slightly down on the 728MHz and 1455MHz we saw on the 768MB version, but 2 MHz is really going to make no difference.
As we've mentioned a few times, there's more to the 1GB model than just some extra memory. We've got a slightly wider bus of 256-bit compared to 196-bit and also 32 ROPs verse 24 RPS. This is what's going to make the main difference when it comes to performance and not the extra 256MB of GDDR5.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.