As we have mentioned more than once already, the H55N-USB3 is a small board. As such, it was a bit of a pain to work with. Installation of normal items like the cooler, RAM and even the HD5870 GPU were a little more difficult because of the cramped space. Once we had things installed they worked without problems.
The new Driver installation program is a pretty big improvement. When you install the board level drivers it asks you if you want to install the utilities as well. This saves a good deal of time looking for things if you want a quick setup (which we did).
One of the items that were installed was Smart6. This is a handy little application that gives you quick access to some excellent features.
Some of these are very self-explanatory; others need a little more detail.
The Smart Quick Boot allows you to speed up the time it takes to boot the system into Windows. You have options to shorten the BIOS post of the OS load. We did not test these out during our testing but they look very intriguing
The Smart Recorder and TimeLock are both parental control type features that we found to be very well thought out. With Smart Recorder you can record when the system is on or off and what files are accessed. You cannot track e-mails or messenger conversations but it is still a start.
Smart TimeLock allows you to specify what times the system can be accessed, and to limit the amount of time spent on the system during those periods. So you could allow a 4 hour window, but only allow one hour of time. It is a nice utility for a parent that wants to limit the amount of time spent at the computer. To use either of these you will need to setup a password first (to keep the kids out).
The last of the items is the Smart Recover; this is not much more than a backup system that allows you to go back in time and restore the system to a previous point. It is much like the system restore found in windows already.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017