What to think of the GIGABYTE H55N-USB3? It is small; very tiny to be honest. Still, this is also a very capable board. We were extremely impressed with the performance of the board even given the consumer level CPU in it.
Even with the performance we noted there were some issues. The size of the board is a problem all on its own. Unless you plan on water-cooling (which still may be an issue) or are willing to use the stock round cooler that comes with the lower end Intel CPUs you could find yourself in trouble with both RAM and discrete GPUs.
On the other side, the H55N-USB3 is $104.99 from NewEgg.com and performs like boards that cost much more. It really is a toss-up on what to think about this product. I think overall that I like the H55N-USB3. I like it for the novelty of its size, the anomaly of its impressive performance, and the reasonable cost. I can see this finding its way into one of the new Mini-ITX cases with a full sized PSU, Faster CPU (like a Core i5 750) and a beefy GPU strapped on. Hmmmm, maybe that is something we should think about; but that is for another article. For now, we can and will highly recommend the GIGABYTE H55N-USB3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Death Stranding analysis: breaking down the bizarre
- Marvel vs Capcom 3: Ultimate coming to PS4 later today
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset