What to think of the GIGABYTE H55N-USB3? It is small; very tiny to be honest. Still, this is also a very capable board. We were extremely impressed with the performance of the board even given the consumer level CPU in it.
Even with the performance we noted there were some issues. The size of the board is a problem all on its own. Unless you plan on water-cooling (which still may be an issue) or are willing to use the stock round cooler that comes with the lower end Intel CPUs you could find yourself in trouble with both RAM and discrete GPUs.
On the other side, the H55N-USB3 is $104.99 from NewEgg.com and performs like boards that cost much more. It really is a toss-up on what to think about this product. I think overall that I like the H55N-USB3. I like it for the novelty of its size, the anomaly of its impressive performance, and the reasonable cost. I can see this finding its way into one of the new Mini-ITX cases with a full sized PSU, Faster CPU (like a Core i5 750) and a beefy GPU strapped on. Hmmmm, maybe that is something we should think about; but that is for another article. For now, we can and will highly recommend the GIGABYTE H55N-USB3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- HD remastered 'X-Files' Bluray boxset announced
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent