It used to be that power was one of the least important factors required for overclocking. As long as you had that trusty 230w box sitting in your case, you were ready to tackle the world. But with the advent of the AMD Thunderbird, the enthusiast's world was rocked with the need for more power. With more powerful processors and components becoming a fact of life, the power must be not only plentiful, but strictly controlled as well. Thermaltake has managed to make both of these factors a firm reality.
If you're planning on running a large number of lights in your case, then you might want to consider a second power supply, but for even a hardcore overclocker, this model should suit your needs. With the inclusion of what Thermaltake calls Active PFC, you can be assured of not only enough power, but in just the right current as well.
Bottom line...if you are still running a modern system on anything less than 300-350 watts, then you are in dire need of a PSU upgrade. If you have been having instabilities of late that aren't being caused by faulty peripherals, then you too are likely in need of a PSU upgrade. Check out this Thermaltake model when you start shopping. It is reliable, has power to spare and keeps the power flowing at just the right frequency.
Plenty of power
Accurate frequency rates
Dual ball bearing fans
Mesh covered ATX cable
Only one fan monitoring cable for two fans
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus blames third-parties for faulty USB Type-C cable and adapter
- 4Chan fights terrorism with humor, photoshopping rubber ducks on ISIS
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Online store, Yatango, closes shop and leaves buyers hanging
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis