It used to be that power was one of the least important factors required for overclocking. As long as you had that trusty 230w box sitting in your case, you were ready to tackle the world. But with the advent of the AMD Thunderbird, the enthusiast's world was rocked with the need for more power. With more powerful processors and components becoming a fact of life, the power must be not only plentiful, but strictly controlled as well. Thermaltake has managed to make both of these factors a firm reality.
If you're planning on running a large number of lights in your case, then you might want to consider a second power supply, but for even a hardcore overclocker, this model should suit your needs. With the inclusion of what Thermaltake calls Active PFC, you can be assured of not only enough power, but in just the right current as well.
Bottom line...if you are still running a modern system on anything less than 300-350 watts, then you are in dire need of a PSU upgrade. If you have been having instabilities of late that aren't being caused by faulty peripherals, then you too are likely in need of a PSU upgrade. Check out this Thermaltake model when you start shopping. It is reliable, has power to spare and keeps the power flowing at just the right frequency.
Plenty of power
Accurate frequency rates
Dual ball bearing fans
Mesh covered ATX cable
Only one fan monitoring cable for two fans
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched