It used to be that power was one of the least important factors required for overclocking. As long as you had that trusty 230w box sitting in your case, you were ready to tackle the world. But with the advent of the AMD Thunderbird, the enthusiast's world was rocked with the need for more power. With more powerful processors and components becoming a fact of life, the power must be not only plentiful, but strictly controlled as well. Thermaltake has managed to make both of these factors a firm reality.
If you're planning on running a large number of lights in your case, then you might want to consider a second power supply, but for even a hardcore overclocker, this model should suit your needs. With the inclusion of what Thermaltake calls Active PFC, you can be assured of not only enough power, but in just the right current as well.
Bottom line...if you are still running a modern system on anything less than 300-350 watts, then you are in dire need of a PSU upgrade. If you have been having instabilities of late that aren't being caused by faulty peripherals, then you too are likely in need of a PSU upgrade. Check out this Thermaltake model when you start shopping. It is reliable, has power to spare and keeps the power flowing at just the right frequency.
Plenty of power
Accurate frequency rates
Dual ball bearing fans
Mesh covered ATX cable
Only one fan monitoring cable for two fans
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- Google possibly making all-in-one, self-powered VR headset
- Quantum Break is DX12 only, requires 8GB of RAM minimum
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives