It used to be that power was one of the least important factors required for overclocking. As long as you had that trusty 230w box sitting in your case, you were ready to tackle the world. But with the advent of the AMD Thunderbird, the enthusiast's world was rocked with the need for more power. With more powerful processors and components becoming a fact of life, the power must be not only plentiful, but strictly controlled as well. Thermaltake has managed to make both of these factors a firm reality.
If you're planning on running a large number of lights in your case, then you might want to consider a second power supply, but for even a hardcore overclocker, this model should suit your needs. With the inclusion of what Thermaltake calls Active PFC, you can be assured of not only enough power, but in just the right current as well.
Bottom line...if you are still running a modern system on anything less than 300-350 watts, then you are in dire need of a PSU upgrade. If you have been having instabilities of late that aren't being caused by faulty peripherals, then you too are likely in need of a PSU upgrade. Check out this Thermaltake model when you start shopping. It is reliable, has power to spare and keeps the power flowing at just the right frequency.
Plenty of power
Accurate frequency rates
Dual ball bearing fans
Mesh covered ATX cable
Only one fan monitoring cable for two fans
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent