It used to be that power was one of the least important factors required for overclocking. As long as you had that trusty 230w box sitting in your case, you were ready to tackle the world. But with the advent of the AMD Thunderbird, the enthusiast's world was rocked with the need for more power. With more powerful processors and components becoming a fact of life, the power must be not only plentiful, but strictly controlled as well. Thermaltake has managed to make both of these factors a firm reality.
If you're planning on running a large number of lights in your case, then you might want to consider a second power supply, but for even a hardcore overclocker, this model should suit your needs. With the inclusion of what Thermaltake calls Active PFC, you can be assured of not only enough power, but in just the right current as well.
Bottom line...if you are still running a modern system on anything less than 300-350 watts, then you are in dire need of a PSU upgrade. If you have been having instabilities of late that aren't being caused by faulty peripherals, then you too are likely in need of a PSU upgrade. Check out this Thermaltake model when you start shopping. It is reliable, has power to spare and keeps the power flowing at just the right frequency.
Plenty of power
Accurate frequency rates
Dual ball bearing fans
Mesh covered ATX cable
Only one fan monitoring cable for two fans
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015