Working with the ASRock 880G Extreme3 was not bad. There were a few issues, though. The memory performance problem (not being able to run at 1600MHz) was an issue. If I had to make an educated guess I would have to say that the IGP cannot handle the memory at that speed (either with Sideport or on its own). This could be a tracing issue that is causing graphical data to become corrupted when it is taken from the RAM for video, or it could be an incorrect skew in the BIOS. It is something that should be resolved, though.
The IGP/RAM issue was so bad that during our overclocking session we ended up with double digit scores for 3DMark and Far Cry 2 would not load! We hope that ASRock is able to correct this in short order with a BIOS update as even at the entry level it could be a huge problem. If you are not concerned with using the IGP then the board is stable and quick.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft goes on tour with HoloLens AR demos
- Just Mobile launches 'self-healing' iPhone cases
- BlackBerry could exit phone business if the Priv crashes
- Surface Book has dual-GPU setup with custom 1GB GDDR5 Maxwell GPU
- Xbox boss: 'We aren't motivated by beating Sony'
- Kingwin Power Dock PD-2537U3 Dual-Bay Clone Storage Station Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent