I suppose the first thing that should be said here is that there are currently very few wireless adapters that can take advantage of the technology (or speed) of the TEW-691GR. This does not mean that you cannot enjoy the performance today; it just means that you are not going to get near the upper 450Mbps limit. In the end we managed to see a connection speed listed at 270Mbps, but the throughput was not near that listing.
Of course, the speed was not the only thing we saw that was out of place. There was the weird MCS listing. We are almost certain that it should have been 23 now that we look at the data, but the listing was way off. The lack of a connection wizard was a bit of a letdown as well.
The price of the TEW-691GR, $169.99 at NewEgg.com puts it at the upper end of the market for this type of product. At this price level the TEW-691GR should have included profiles for common games (or games using common port ranges). There should also have been a wizard for easy setup. The QoS and DMZ options were also extremely limited for the cost. I can only hope that future firmware updates will include some of this; especially if the price stays at the $170 level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni