I suppose the first thing that should be said here is that there are currently very few wireless adapters that can take advantage of the technology (or speed) of the TEW-691GR. This does not mean that you cannot enjoy the performance today; it just means that you are not going to get near the upper 450Mbps limit. In the end we managed to see a connection speed listed at 270Mbps, but the throughput was not near that listing.
Of course, the speed was not the only thing we saw that was out of place. There was the weird MCS listing. We are almost certain that it should have been 23 now that we look at the data, but the listing was way off. The lack of a connection wizard was a bit of a letdown as well.
The price of the TEW-691GR, $169.99 at NewEgg.com puts it at the upper end of the market for this type of product. At this price level the TEW-691GR should have included profiles for common games (or games using common port ranges). There should also have been a wizard for easy setup. The QoS and DMZ options were also extremely limited for the cost. I can only hope that future firmware updates will include some of this; especially if the price stays at the $170 level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- Nintendo Switch switches to full 1080p while docked
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel